Open Access Resource
What are Open Access resources?
* Open Access refers to resources that are freely available for viewing and/or use. Open Access is not the same as Public Domain, and most Open Access creators do retain their copyrights.
* Open Access is part of a continuum ranging from completely closed, subscription/purchase only access to completely open, no barrier publishing. Open Access is not related to the quality of materials or the peer-review/non-peer-review status of the publications.
* Open Access differs from Open Source or Open Licensed in that the primary use of Open Access materials will be viewing or reading, while Open Source materials are available for modification of the underlying software or text.
Why should use and care about Open Access materials?
* Open Access materials can be excellent resources to supplement online library materials. Many scholarly and peer-review journals have opened their back issues as open access, and others have converted partially or totally to open access for all issues.
* Open Access materials can often be used when copyright restrictions might prevent the use of "traditional" materials in an online setting. While Open Access materials are, for the most part, still under copyright by their creators, most academic and educational use is permitted without permission. Even if copying is not permitted, open materials can usually be linked from an online syllabus or reading list. Be sure to check the copyright or permissions statement before use.
OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
Directory of Open Access Journals
DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
Open Access Journals
Open Access Initiative is committed to make genuine and reliable contributions to the scientific community without restricting the access of published content.
Open Access journal search Engine (OJSE)
The Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE) service covers free, full text, quality controlled journals.
The Open Library of Humanities (OLH)
The Open Library of Humanities (OLH) is a charitable organisation dedicated to publishing open access scholarship with no author-facing article processing charges (APCs).
OPEN ACCESS REPOSITORY
Is a Europe E-theses Portal provides access to 799,189 open access research theses from 617 Universities in 28 European countries.
Open Access Theses Dissertations (OATD)
It is repository user can read the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge.
OpenDOAR - Directory of Open Access Repositories
OpenDOAR is an authoritative directory of academic open access repositories.
- Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR)
Shodhganga : a reservoir of Indian theses @ INFLIBNET
The Shodhganga@INFLIBNET Centre provides a platform for research students to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in open access.
OPEN ACCESS BOOKS
Digital Library of India
The National Digital Library of India (NDL India) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility.
Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
Thousands of academic, peer-reviewed books from over 90 publishers. Note: Some books have partial content only.
E-Books Directory is a daily growing list of links to freely accessible ebooks, documents and lecture notes found all over the internet.
HathiTrust Digital Library
Partnership of major research institutions and libraries creating digital archive of library materials. Full text access only to the portion of the archive that are public domain works, indicated by "Full View". Downloading or printing depends on each title's copyright status.
Internet Archive is a non-profit digital library offering free universal access to books, movies & music, as well as 338 billion archived web pages.
Million Book Project
An early collection of books from the Indian scanning centers of the Universal Library Project, sometimes called the Million Books Project
A quality controlled collection of Open Access books, mainly in the area of Humanities and Social Sciences.
It offers thousands of free high quality ebooks
ONE ACCESS SEARCH ENGINES (SCHOLARLY)
Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
Microsoft Academic Search
Microsoft Academic Search (MAS), developed by Microsoft Research, is a new product, designed to compete with Google Scholar. It is also a free academic search engine which "provides many innovative ways to explore academic publications, authors, conferences, journals, organizations and keywords, connecting millions of scholars, students, librarians, and other users”
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES - find articles
EconBiz is a subject portal for economics and business studies.
Eldis supports free and open access to useful and relevant research on global development challenges.
IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research
IDEAS is the largest bibliographic database dedicated to Economics and available freely on the Internet.
Pew Research Center
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping the world.
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES - STATICS AND NUMERIC DATA
American Fact finder (U.S. Census Bureau)
"American FactFinder" (AFF) provides access to data about the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Island Areas.
Bureau of Economic Analysis
The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis is your source of accurate and objective data about the nation's economy.
Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics is a unit of the United States Department of Labor. It is the principal fact-finding agency for the U.S. government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics and serves as a principal agency of the U.S. Federal Statistical System.
CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, energy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
QuickFacts provides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
World Development Indicators (WDI)
World Development Indicators (WDI) is the primary World Bank collection of development indicators, compiled from officially recognized international sources.